JOIN OUR TEAM
Holistic Spa Front Desk Administrator Position
Angela Kung Acupuncture & Wellness Center, a holistic medical center and wellness spa, is looking for a full time Front Desk Administrator. Our company thrives with individuals that value our team-oriented, humble, and hardworking efforts to create a drama-free environment. We strive to continually deliver the best and ground-breaking holistic patient care and outcomes for the community and across the globe. Our company is located in Mission Viejo, the heart of South Orange County off the Crown Valley exit from the 5 Freeway, close to the Shops at Mission Viejo, Mission Hospital, and surrounding medical centers, with plenty of free parking for our staff and patients. Our best practices not only allow your individual gifts and talents to excel, but for patients to experience our high frequency and positive, even sacred energy.
Day to day responsibilities for our Front Desk Administrator include working the front desk to greet, schedule, and accept payments from clients while ensuring that the administrative needs such as medical billing, the physical maintenance of the office and ongoing scheduling needs support the acupuncture doctors, energy workers, massage therapists, and other practitioners. You will excel using your strong organizational skills and attention to detail so that you can handle several tasks at once. Everything from calling on past due invoices, filing for health insurance claims and ensuring all clients get their follow up answers timely will keep you busy every day. If you work from a place for compassion and are looking to become part of a team that will be as dedicated to you as you are to the patients, this is the job for you!
This position requires a person that understands the importance of punctuality as you will be responsible for opening the office each day. Your dedication to excellent customer service will shine in the phone calls, emails, and in person interactions that will keep you on your toes throughout the entire day. Organizational skills and being a numbers person is a must to succeed in this role as the very detailed work requires your focus. Your schedule will be Tuesday through Friday 9AM – 6PM and Saturdays from 8AM – 4:30PM. Yes, Saturdays are required.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a professional and caring company that presents a serene and spa-like environment while facilitating fast-paced and highly professional services. Fun fact, our company also has a small Maltipoo service dog so the best candidate will enjoy dogs too!
The Front Desk Administrator’s responsibilities will include:
- Professional representation while complying with HIPAA guidelines in all interactions.
- Ensure the timely and consistent opening of the Center.
- Detailed and organized front desk operations to facilitate patient care delivered through exceptional customer service.
- Coordination by telephone and email with 3rd party vendors such as medical billing, laundry service, etc.
- Answer telephone calls, email inquiries and in person questions to provide excellent patient communications including treatment care knowledge, understanding their insurance options, and more.
- Serve as first point of contact for all scheduling needs for patients and practitioners including follow up and continued care scheduling.
- Responsible for rescheduling and reactivating patients to maintain a full schedule, as well as upselling with packages, memberships, and products to enhance client results and company profitability.
- Maintain inventory by ordering supplies and product organizing, tracking, and restocking.
- Daily collections calls and follow up, creating and reconciling reports, tracking, and reporting tips, and following up on invoices that are past due from insurance.
- Facilitate on site needs such as office cleanliness, restocking of supplies in treatment rooms, internal and external laundry service.
- Assist the CEO including coordinating meetings such as internal team, or one on one, meetings.
Required for Success:
- Excellent Customer service experience, minimum 3 years
- Experienced working in detailed patient account management
- Experienced accepting payments and checking out patients
- Scheduling experience
- Working knowledge of how health insurance works
- Professional – in appearance and attitude
- Highly organized
- Detail-Oriented especially with numbers
- Strong experience working with Google Sheets and Docs, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent English spelling and grammar skills
- Dedicated to a doing a job well done
- Very online and computer solution capable
Preferred, though not required:
- Medical billing experience specifically using an EHR system
- Medical front office experience
- Sales Experience
Benefits and compensation:
This position is an hourly position and pays between $20-$24 an hour. The right candidate will receive an offer based upon specific candidate experience.
All successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal and driving background check as a requirement for employment.
Full time employees after 90 days of employment will be eligible for full health benefits including vision and dental, two weeks PTO, and can qualify for quarterly bonuses.
Please send a cover letter telling us why you are looking for work RIGHT NOW, your salary requirements and a current resume to email@example.com.
In-person and phone call applicants are not accepted. Please submit your resume through the instructions above.